Salmon & Zucchini Ribbons + Organic Bone Broth
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 zucchini - trimmed and sliced into ribbons
- 1 bunch asparagus - trimmed and cut into 2 cms lengths
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
How are you?
Yesterday was day 1 of my 8-week Thr1ve Protocol. For the next 8 weeks I will be on diet that will allow me to function in ketosis (using fat as a primary fuel source) with the view to strip some excess body fat and fire-up my cognitive function. This low carb protocol involves cyclic loading of carbs around post workout and so I wanted to show you an example of the types of breakfasts I’ll be eating over the next couple of months. Today I’m on a low carb day (no training) and so this is a great recipe choice to ensure plenty of fats and good quality proteins but at the same time ensuring I get plenty of fibre and greens onto my plate.
I had a delicious mug of Australia’s first fresh organic bone broth from Good Bones to ensure I’m nourishing my gut and repairing soft tissue. Good Bones broth comes in chicken and beef and is available in a number of locations around the country so be sure to visit www.undividedfoodco.com for a list of outlets or order online for doorstep delivery. Making your own bone broth is extremely satisfying but also labour intensive so if you want the convenience check out Good Bones.
I intend to use broth regularly throughout the 8-week protocol and a low calories but therapeutic and nutrient dense elixir – particularly handy on my fasting days.
Head to Thr1ve for my information.
Here’s how it rolled:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Drizzle a small amount of oil on the skin of the fish and season
- Place the fish (skin side down) in a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile bring some salted water up to the boil
- Once boiling remove from the heat
- Pop in the asparagus and cook for 1 minute
- Add the zucchini and remove after 30 secs
- Drain the greens well and drizzle with lemon, olive oil, chilli flakes and season
- Remove the fish from the oven after 10 minutes and allow to rest for 1 minute
- Serve with the greens and a warming mug of broth.