Salmon w Olive Tapenade
- 1 Side of salmon
- 1 cup kalamata olives - pitted
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbs capers -rinsed/drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Hope you’ve had a wonderful day and you’re all ready for a loooong weekend. I’ve got a few friends coming over for a seafood lunch tomorrow so thought I’d trial a recipe.
I bought a whole side of salmon and halved it, saving the other half for another day. Buying fish this way works out to cheap in the long run, compared to buying fillets. This recipe is ridiculously simple and tastes yum. This is how it went.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- In a small blender combine the olive, garlic, anchovies, capers and oil. Process on a low speed to have more control on the consistency. Ideally you want some texture in your tapenade .
- The quantities for the tapenade will produce a small batch, you’ll only need couple teaspoons for the salmon.
- Use a spoon to spread the tapenade evenly across the fish.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for couple of minutes – enjoy!