- 6 Organic Eggs
- 4-5 tbs Lime Aïoli
- 1/2 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbs butter
- 10-12 raw banana prawns, peeled
- 2 tsp baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 10-12 baby cos lettuce leaves
- To taste Sea salt & Pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 125mls avocado oil
- 1/2 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 lime - zested
- to taste Sea salt & Pepper
Here’s how it rolled:
- Place the eggs in a pot of salted water (make sure the eggs are covered with water). Bring the water to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and run cold water into the pot before setting aside. Once cooled, peel the eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the aïoli (see below) and eggs and mash together. Add the dill and stir to combine.
- Place a large frying pan over medium–high heat and add the butter. Add the prawns, gently toss and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until cooked through and opaque. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, chop the prawns up and add to the egg mix with the baby capers. Combine thoroughly then spoon the prawn and egg mix onto each lettuce leaf. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and mustard.
- Slowly pour in the oil while whisking constantly.
- Once creamy, whisk in the garlic, lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
100 0 100 929