Poached Chicken & Vegetable Broth
- 1000mls Chicken Bone Broth
- 4-5 Organic Chicken Thigh - chopped
- 2 Shallots - chopped
- 1 Carrot - sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 1/4 bunch Kale - Chopped
- 1/4 bunch Fresh parsley - Chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
As we descend into the cooler months this recipe will be on high rotation in my household, that’s for sure!
It’s incredibly straight-forward and can be a snack (a mug full) or something a little more substantial (a bowl full). The backbone to any great soup or gravy for that matter is a broth or stock – I use Good Bones as it’s certified organic and grass-fed.
It’s a quick and easy broth recipe, which will be ready in 15-20 minutes. Have a play around with different vegetables and/or different broths or protein. You’ll soon have a bounty of delicious soup or broth recipes up your sleeve – keeping you warmed and healthy throughout winter.
Here’s how it rolled:
- In a large saucepan heat up 1000mls of chicken bone broth, bring to the heat, then return to a simmer
- Add the chopped chicken thighs and chilli flakes
- Cook on a simmer for 5-6 minutes
- Add the chopped shallots, carrots cook for a further 5-6 minutes
- Add the chopped kale, parsley and ghee and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and season