Pan-Fried John Dory w Asian Dressing
- 2 John Dory Fillet
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/2 bunch mint - ripped
- 1/2 bunch basil - ripped
- 2-3 zucchini - cut into ribbons
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli - finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass - just pale part (finely chopped)
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1 tsb honey
- 1 tbs fish sauce
This is a really simple recipe but tastes like you’ve been slaving away for hours in the kitchen.
The dressing is what really makes the dish so I reckon make this first to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Combine the minced garlic, chilli and lemongrass with the honey, lime juice and fish sauce and stir it up some. You may need to heat the mix a little if the honey isn’t infusing.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan on a med-high heat, add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- Remove from the pan and set aside
- Combine the zucchini, tomatoes, basil and mint
- Add the fish to the salad mix
- Spoon the dressing over the salad
I’ve used Nature’s Way coconut oil – for all your superfood needs head to www.naturesway.com.au