Lamb Chops & Mash
- 4 Grass fed lamb chops
- 1 tbs coconut oil (ghee/lard/tallow)
- 1 medium sweet potato - roughly chopped
- 1 tbs butter
- handful capers -rinsed/drained
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon - juiced
- sea salt
Sometimes going back to basics can be so rewarding.
Lamb chops are super easy and take minutes to cook. I threw some tasty things into the mash to make it super yummy. Here’s how it rolled:
- Bring some salted water up to the boil
- Once boiling add the chopped sweet potato and reduce the heat slightly- cook until softened
- Heat the fat in a fry pan
- Season the lamb chops
- Once the fat is hot add the lamb chops and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking
- Turn the lamb chop on its side for 1 minute to help render the fat on the outside
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes once they have softened and return to heat for 30 secs to remove excess liquid
- Add the butter, dijon mustard, capers and seasoning.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the lamb chops
I added the mash to the fry pan to soak up all the yummy flavours.