- 2 biodynamic/organic eggs
- 1 slice bread
- FOR THE BREAD
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup arrowroot
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 biodynamic/organic eggs
- Handful pepitas (save some for topping)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
A throw back to my childhood when dipping bread soldiers into a runny egg was the highlight of the day – well I’m not going to lie..It still is! I hope you enjoy this reinterpretation on a classic.
For the Method:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a breadloaf tin with baking paper.
- In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients – almond meal, baking powder, pepitas, and pinch of salt/pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients – lightly whisk the eggs, add the olive, ACV and add the zucchini.
- Combine both bowls until you achieve a dough. Pop the dough into the lined loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining pepitas on top and throw it in the oven.
- Bake for 60 mins, or until golden on top and cooked through (test by insert a knife – if it comes out clean you are good to go!).
- Remove from the loaf tin and sit it on a cooling rack. Cut off a slice and melt some butter.
For the eggs…
- Pop the eggs into a small saucepan and cover with water (just enough to cover the eggs).
- Put the lid on and bring to the boil on the highest heat. Once boiling remove from the heat and set aside for 6 mins.
- After 6 minutes lift the lid and remove the eggs. Add another 2 minutes for hard boiled eggs.