- 200 mls coconut cream
- 1 tbs tahini or almond butter
- 1 tbs pea protein (vanilla flavour)
- 1 tbs collagen
- handful ice
- handful frozen blueberries
- 1/3 banana
- 1 tbs crunchy topping - chia/buckinis/nuts
- 1 tsp MCT oil
For the last few months I’ve been consuming gelatin (beef) in powder form. I use it as a post-training supplement to help repair and rebuild tissues but also for the therapeutic affect on the gut. Today I bought some collagen to include in my smoothies to help with skin elasticity and soft tissue repair – collagen is soluble in cool water in contrast to gelatin which requires warm water By adding collagen it’s an easy way increasing the nutrient density of the smoothie.
Ladies – collagen is believed to help with skin elasticity and cellulite – give it a whirl!
Here’s how it rolled:
- Chuck everything in the blender and blitz for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Remove from the blender and add some crunchy toppings.