- 1 tbs Butter
- 1 Finely chopped Brown onion
- ½ Bunch Coriander – stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves- Finely Chopped
- 1 Leek-Sliced
- 1 Long red chilli (optional) – deseeded and finely chopped *
- ½ Bunch English spinach – roughly chopped
- 400ml Coconut cream/milk
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- Splash White wine (optional)
- 500g Mussels – Vacuum sealed bag from fishmonger
- ½ Lemon - juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
This recipe morph from a recipe my dad used to cook when I was growing up in the UK – I remember thinking it was extremely ‘fancy’ eating mussels as a kid but this recipe is neither fancy nor expensive to make BUT it is yum!
- In a large fry pan heat the butter on med heat
- Add the onion, coriander stalks, chilli* and garlic and cook til softened.
- Add the chopped leek and add the stock and/or white wine and turn up the heat.
- Add the spinach, coconut cream and stir.
- Add the mussels and ensure to coat the mussels with the sauce.
- Pop the lid on and cook for 5-6 min on medium heat.
- Once the mussels are open they are ready – serve in a deep bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon
100 0 100 1