Chicken & Lacianto Kale in Broth
- 6 small brown onions - peeled and halved
- 4 garlic colves - peeled
- 8 chicken thighs (organic of possible)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- whole bunch lacianto kale (dino) - chopped (including stalks)
- 500 mls Good Bones bone broth
- pinch himalyan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp dried chill - topping
Found myself experimenting yesterday with a little warming dish – I was pretty happy with the result. I may tweak it here and there over time but it was pretty yum and tasted delicious today after re-heating…If anything I’d probably add some dried chilli flakes for a touch of spice but let me know what you think.
Here’s how it rolled.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- In a baking tray place the onions, garlic and chicken bone broth and pop in the oven for 10 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl place the chicken, add the spices and mix thoroughly
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken thigh and brown-off on a high heat, turning frequently
- Once browned off (5 mins) add to the baking tray in the oven along with the dinosaur kale and onion/garlic
- Cover with foil
- Cook for a further 25 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Serve with some fresh or dried chilli
I used the best quality bone broth from Good Bones. Good Bones are organic and source their bones from ethical producers in Australia. Broth is a fantastic way to nourish your gut and soft tissues. Check out Good Bones for your nearest supplier and more info on organic beef and chicken broth.