Buttery leeks and baked eggs
- 1 long red chilli - deseeded and sliced
- 1 large leeks - chopped
- handful brussels sprouts - halved
- 3-4 happy eggs
- 2 tbs salsa verde
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2tbs butter/ghee
- small handful fresh parsley - roughly chopped
This one is a winner!!
I absolutely love this dish, in my mind there’s nothing better than leeks sauteed in copious amounts of butter. This is weekend breakfast option or a lunchtime go-to. I’ve thrown in some brussels too, but you could play with any greens that you have in the fridge.
How’s how it rolled?
- Heat the butter on a low/med heat.
- Add the chopped chilli (optional), brussels and leeks and saute for 5-6 minutes until they begin the soften
- Make 4 depressions in the mix and crack some happy eggs in them
- Continue to cook until the eggs are cooked to you liking.
- Remove from the heat
- Throw in some fresh parsley and some salsa verde (https://www.scottgoodingproject.com/recipe/salsa-verde/)